Tuesday 28 December 2010


In your eyes, what’s Paradise?
A warm pub with a log fire and a roast dinner, after a long walk on a winters day, with nothing else to do all day.

Prized Possession
My mother's wedding ring.

Favourite medium to work with and why?
At the moment it's copper – I love the colours and textures you can create.

Flowers or chocolate?
Flowers (and chocolate). Definitely flowers first though.

Who influenced you the most?
Bit of a cliché, but it would have to be my mum. She had Motor Neurone Disease, and died when I was 18, but from when I was 4 onwards she coped with organising the family, whilst being stuck in a wheelchair and unable to do things for herself. I'd love to have that strength of character, resilience and patience.

Who would you most like to go to Dinner with?
My lovely hubbie – but something always gets in the way. We were supposed to be going out tonight as I write this, but littlest and hubbie are both poorly....grrrr.

Top Cat or Banana Splits?
TC without a shadow of a doubt.

Today I wore:
Skinny jeans, and my favourite old woolly jumper.

Do you have a favourite online {bead, craft or textile} place to shop and would recommend
I like The Curious Gem for lovely sparkly gems.

What inspired you to do what you do?
I just love making and creating and always have. I am still fascinated by all the different crafts and skills out there. I'm a typical stumble crafter – trying a bit of everything. Until one day I did a beading workshop – that 2 hours making a charm bracelet got me hooked and I've been stuck on jewellery making ever since. I guess I still try lots of different things, but these days it’s all to do with jewellery – be it beading, smithing, metal clay. It's all about learning new skills.

McDreamy or McSteamy?
Hmmm tricky as I don't watch it but after googling I reckon McDreamy – they both looked a bit dark and broody though. I'm a bit partial to the Mr Darcy type.

If you could do anything else, what would it be?
Honestly? Right now – nothing else. Life is good – I'd like to start maybe running workshops in the future, but I've got lots I still need to learn about making jewellery – and silversmithing.

Favourite item of clothing
I love love love my Fly London black biker boots. Do they count?

Best childhood memory
Going for long adventures when I was a child, packing up a lunch, getting on my bike and disappearing for the whole day – just brilliant. Especially if I got out early. Christmas at my Auntie's house – that feeling of safety, excitement, and fun.

Most cringe-worthy moment
There is no way I'm revealing my most cringy moment, or even the top 5, but I do have a memory of my dad arriving to meet me at a parents evening at school when I was about 12 – on his way there the car windscreen had broken, so he arrived with his goggles from his toolbox on, and a cape fashioned out of a black bin liner. I still remember the look on my friends faces as he got out of the car, brushed off the broken glass and came over to us.

Favourite holiday destination
I love Italy – it's where I went on honeymoon, but I would really love to go to New Zealand – I've never been out of Europe. I'd also love to go on a skiing holiday, but I've never tried it so who knows if I'd like it.

Which celebrity would you have as your best friend and why
Absolutely no idea – I'm a bit sad and have little or no knowledge of celebs. I'll have to pass on this one.

Best “crafty” tip you can offer
Keep on trying new stuff – and get the small details right – they mean a lot.

What’s your Star sign?
Pisces – I can definitely see both sides of everything which is a Piscean trait – not sure I'm convinced though!

What would you most like to see happen next?
We're moving house in the New Year and I'm looking forward to getting all that sorted, and getting a proper studio set up. How exciting would that be!

Wow! Your very own Super-hero!! LOVED the episode with your dad, some goggles and a cape...made me chuckle....their faces must have been a picture! haha! ;o)

Thank you to the gorgeous Becky at Red Bird Jewellery for sharing in this weeks questions....will be keeping my fingers crossed the move goes smoothly, how exciting! And for the rest of the New Year....I hope it's a very positive, productive and prosperous one!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx