Saturday 1 January 2011

HAPPY MMXI....make it a good one!!


2011 Bucket List
Personal Goals
take the dog for walks
create more jewellery
have a haircut
sit in the garden and read/eat meals
get to grips with finances
lose a 1lb a week
be free from agoraphobia
learn how to take better photographs
be in control of cooking family meals
drink more water
expand jewellery range
get with the “Blackberry”
create some wall art
drink less coffee
get out of the front door
meet with “cyber” friends
read more books
to aim for normal blood pressure
put “face on” at least 4 times a week
be OK with people staying in my home
to acquire a pair of big fat curling tongs
eat more healthily
promote hello gorgeous
start exercising
go clothes shopping
get on top of personal hygiene
be part of craft fairs
conquer my fear of the telephone
be on my own outdoors

Family Goals
sit down to meals together more often
set middle son up in employment
to go out as a family at least once a month for food
encourage and empower the kids
visit mum & dad more often
help first son pass his driving test
make a trip to north wales to visit family
make contact with brother regularly

House Goals
get a rug for the living room
fix the tap in the kitchen
replace glass in bathroom window
fix shower
replace or fix dishwasher/cooker
decorate hall
get house insurance
buy a single bed
buy a bay curatin pole
replace curtains in living room
decorate first son’s bedroom
re-lay quarry tiles around the bay
finish middle bedroom
create a garden sanctuary
re-decorate our bedroom
replace glass with broken seals
paint outside of house
buy wooden blinds for the entire house

Financial Goals
account for EVERY penny
be more in control of outgoings
set a figure on pocket money
pay off Christmas debt quickly
source cheaper car insurance
set up an “emergency” fund
take “house-keep” off eldest
set aside funds each month for one-off yearly payments
purchase dog insurance
create a Christmas fund
reduce cost of food shop
create extra income through jewellery sales
finally, set up a Bead fund

This is my take on the Bucket List....usually a list of things you want to achieve by the time you "kick the bucket"....my bucket list is one of things I want to do/achieve before 2011 kicks the bucket!!

These are not extreme wants/achievements like most on a bucket list......but simply a list of things {in no particular order} I want to achieve throughout 2011 in the ongoing battle to regain control of my life....in order for me to take hold of depression/anxiety/agoraphobia/apathy and throw it as far away from me as I possibly can....to try and gain myself back!

I have separated them into four categories of my life....all of which are important to me, but the MOST challenging are the Personal Goals

There will be things I can "check" off the list and things that will remain firmly where they are placed {to be carried forward to another expectant year} and no doubt things I will add to the list as the year goes on.....no worries, above all this is a NO PRESSURE bucket list.....only commitment!

If you have decided upon a bucket list for 2011, or in fact a list of things you want to achieve before you kick the bucket, share them here so I can follow you, comment and encourage you or just read and admire your achievements...don't be shy, I want to see how you get on.....

Above all, remember the key words:

NO PRESSURE....only commitment!

I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year....
and to say thanks for taking the time to follow me here, on Facebook or Twitter and for all the gorgeous comments/encouragement that you have given me!

Health, happiness and lots of love to you and your families for 2011!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

You can follow my achievements under "Bucket List" in the labels tab down at the bottom right of the blog.

12 comments:

  1. Well Done to You!!!! Half the battle is writing it all down and admitting to things that you want to change. Hugs and lots of encouragement xx

    I think those personal demons are the hardest but also the most rewarding so keep at it one step at a time and before you know it you will be looking back at the end of the year and patting yourself on the back for a job well done. As for all the other goals I agree, no pressure/no worries! Happy New Year to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I hope you achieve all the things on your list and the things that you will add as the year goes on!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree....the hardest is to write them down and acknowledge that you want to change things. Tackle one item at a time,I will gladly help you gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list is better than any sweeping resolution - what a great way to break it down into bite sized pieces :-) Good luck and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you for the lovely comments of encouragement ladies :o) I will be trying my hardest to stay focussed on the goals this year....

    hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list! I feel sure you will achieve everything you want to achieve this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bucket list - best wishes for success...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading your bucket list. I think I'll just go and do one for myself now!
    Happy New Year and Good Luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gorgeous! I am a new follower - found you via Happy's blog! I love how you have done your resolutions - wish I had done something similar instead of a boring resolutions list!

    Happy New Year love Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list with some amazing goals on it, I look forward to hearing about how you are getting on with them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck with it all. Some will be more maneagable than others and with those sorted the others will follow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that is quite some list! although saying that, if I dared to write mine down, it wouldn't be any smaller. Gulp!

    Good for you, you're very brave - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx