Sunday 16 January 2011

A Little Bit Like Christmas!

There's a place in Cardiff called The Pumping Station, it's an impressive Grade II listed Victorian building once owned by Welsh Waters



but now houses over 35 individual stalls selling a variety of antiques and collectable items....
and today I felt like a visit! 

We arrived in the pouring rain, parked the car and took a step inside........and suddenly.....it felt like Christams all over again! 

Here are just some of the things that caught my eye

a gorgoeus 1950's desktop clock/calender

1960's telephone's
{I actually had the red one in my bedroom when I lived at home}

some very pretty birdcages

a stunning 1950's voile dress ~ I LOVED THIS but at £350 it was not to be mine :o(
{the skirt of the dress was small pleats, it had a petticoat lining of what felt like fine tafetta ~ it was simply beautiful but my fuzzy pic does not do it justice at all}

a Route 66 gasoline pump

these beds were awesome
had visions of Queen Elizabeth {I} sleeping in one!
gave me chills, good chills

I loved this little line up, it looked stunning all shiny and inviting ~ the anitque stand clock; the picture frames; the crystal vases and lamps all stood on top of a beautiful sideboard reflecting beautifully in the most amazing wood framed mirror

apart from jewellery pieces I was on the look out for body/dress forms, saw a few but these two ladies caught my eye :o)

a bit of patriotism

a cute postbox


I came away from this alladins cave feeling like Santa had just left the most amazing pressie for me, every corner I turned my heart skipped a beat and my eyes grew twice as big.  A nice lotto win would make some of my wishes come true...

I didn't come away with any jewellery pieces but I did come away with a new addition....when she is nicely settled at home I will introduce you ;o)

What did you do with your Sunday?

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a vicarious world traveler! Thanks for sharing your part of the world. LOVE that chair upholstered in the British flag, and the clock/calendar is indeed very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely my kind of place! I just love the chair...anything patriotic is so cool!
    I can't wait to see what you got!

    Today the sun is shinning and it is about 44 degrees F. Having friends over for dinner this evening, it has been awhile since I have done that.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx