Tuesday 21 September 2010

Twenty Question Tuesday


In your eyes, what’s Paradise?
Paradise would have to be someone to do my housework for me, no money worries and a healthy happy family.

Prized Possession
My first instinct was to say my son but he's not a possession. So I'll say my hardrive that contains all my artwork.

Favourite medium to work with and why?
Photoshop, I create my artwork outside of my computer in the old fashioned way and use Photoshop as a tool to enhance, I love the undo button and the creative possibilities are endless.

Flowers or chocolate?
Flowers, my husband is seriously allergic so flowers are a rare thing in my house.

Who influenced you the most?
My husband ~ we met at art college and never hold back on opinions of each other’s work. He introduced me to a lot of the techniques I use, he's also my photoshop guru. I'm also heavily influenced by Japanese craft and Kawaii, I would love to go there someday.

Who would you most like to go to Dinner with?
My family - good times.

Top Cat or Banana Splits?
Banana Splits gotta love that theme tune!

Today I wore:
Embroidered top, waistcoat, beads, flared jeans, plaster cast (pink) and one flip flop.

Do you have a favourite online {bead, craft or textile} place to shop and would recommend
I love Fabric Rehab, I originally studied costume design and worked in the theatre for years and I'm completely addicted to the stuff they sell there. I also like Bunny Zoe's for craft supplies and also because they sell rubber stamps designed by me (plug plug)

What inspired you to do what you do?
My mum always made handmade cards (still does). I always tagged alone with her to craft fairs and used to make tiny flower pots for dolls houses to sell on her stall. She always made so many friends from doing her craft and when I had my son I wanted that same creative outlet. Max is only 3 but he already makes his own cards called Max's Monsters.

McDreamy or McSteamy?
Oh dear neither, can I have Sawyer from Lost instead. Woof!! hehehehe

If you could do anything else, what would it be?
Sell up, by a VW campervan and live a nomadic lifestyle, I would still draw though.

Favourite item of clothing
My pair of purple, red or dead shoes soooooooo comfy.

Best childhood memory
Family holidays in Dorset where my parents would take us on adventures and we would pretend to be the famous five!!! We even had Timmy the dog and picnics were a must.

Most cringe-worthy moment
Oh the shame!! I can't believe I'm going to admit this. Stopping at the village store on the way home I jumped out of my car slammed the door shut and locked the keys inside. Unfortunately as I did this I also managed to trap the very flarey leg of my trousers in the door, so found myself completely stuck. The lady in the shop cut me free and I had to run home with a huge hole in my trousers to get the spare key.

Favourite holiday destination
Madeira ~ we had a wonderful holiday there once, I would love to go back.

Which celebrity would you have as your best friend and why
I think Rupert Everett would make a great best friend, I imagine we could have a proper giggle together and cause some mischief.

Best “crafty” tip you can offer
Gosh that's a tricky one. Erm keep your scissors and punches sharp by cutting tin foil!!!

What’s your Star sign?
Leo, I'm pretty true to my sign with a mane of hair, a big heart and a fiery temper.

What would you most like to see happen next?
I would like to see Little Bird Too continue to grow, I'm launching on Not on the High Street this month and now have cards stocked in 8 shops.

Thank you to the gorgeous Little Bird Too for taking part in this week's 20 questions ~ fab answers....I too dream of a VW campervan and travelling all over.....dreams eh?

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx