Tuesday 23 November 2010

Twenty Question Tuesday

. . LITTLE GOYTRE . .
. . for the individual . .

In your eyes, what’s Paradise?
Anywhere where it’s just me and nature, and the sun is shining – on a deserted beach looking out to sea, on top of a mountain, by a river or in the woods. It’s probably better with two though.

Prized Possession
My photo albums. I love photos, and have a terrible memory so they’re very important!

Favourite medium to work with and why?
The magical medium of silver clay – I love how it changes from dull clay into beautiful silver. A close second are natural gemstones - I’m currently experimenting with incorporating these into my silver.

Flowers or chocolate?
Am I allowed both? Flowers because they are a completely natural beauty and always brighten up my day. And chocolate because I am a complete chocoholic. I actually couldn’t live without it!

Who influenced you the most?
My daddy, because he’s not here anymore. And my mum, because she is.

Who would you most like to go to Dinner with?
It would have to be a massive table – for every single one of my friends and family, all in one place.

Top Cat or Banana Splits?
Are these cartoons? I didn’t watch much telly as a child. I did like Rupert Bear though.

Today I wore:
Pyjamas until midday. And then jeans and a cosy jumper. I work at home and can’t afford to have the heating on all day!

Do you have a favourite online {bead, craft or textile} place to shop and would recommend
My current favourite for metal clay supplies is Metal Clay – amazingly fast service and a good range of products specific to the medium.  On the consumer side, I have recently discovered the amazing ‘From Britain With Love’ 

What inspired you to do what you do?
I’ve always been creative and needed something other than the day job to keep me sane, which is what led me to jewellery-making, and specifically silver jewellery. I draw inspiration from lots of other like-minded crafty people which is why I visit as many crafts fairs and exhibitions as possible. I know I keep harping on about it, but nature is a massive inspiration too – some of the most beautiful things in the world exist completely naturally.

McDreamy or McSteamy?
I didn’t know who these two were (for those who still don’t, it’s Grey’s Anatomy) but after a quick Google I’d say yes to McSteamy please! When does he arrive?

If you could do anything else, what would it be?
I have two dreams – one is to run a boutique B&B in an exotic location somewhere hot and sunny with my other half. The other is to work in wildlife conservation. I like to think both are still possible.

Favourite item of clothing
My winter boots. I live in them.

Best childhood memory
I don’t have one specific memory, but generally happy moments were always spent out in the open air – swimming in the river Monnow, family camping holidays (usually rainy ones), working our shire horses in the fields..etc etc etc. I’m a proper country bumpkin at heart.

Most cringe-worthy moment
I think I’ve wiped most of these from my memory. There was an incident with a bottle of red wine, a head out the window of a moving train….and a tree branch. Cringe-worthy not because of the embarrassment, but the stupidity of it!

Favourite holiday destination
I haven’t ever gone back to the same place twice – the world is such a big place to explore after all. But so far my favourite holidays have been in Central America, on the Caribbean side!

Which celebrity would you have as your best friend and why
Despite the age difference, David Attenborough. I bet he has some amazing stories.

Best “crafty” tip you can offer
Always sketch out or mock up your designs before you start creating – especially with metal clay when you really only have one shot at it. And whenever you have an idea, draw it or write it down!

What’s your Star sign?
Aquarius. I’m also a Valentine baby which surely makes me special?!

What would you most like to see happen next?
This is the million-dollar question! I would like to see Little Goytre grow and gain followers, to improve on my current jewellery-making skills and learn new crafts. On a personal level, I just want to keep busy, keep happy and get prosperous!

My thanks to the gorgeous Anna at Little Goytre.  Anna has only recently started up in the blogging world, here's what her blog is all about:

"I'll be showcasing other craftspeople and generally creative peeps, blogging about interesting events, and linking to websites, blogs, and articles that represent a like-minded resistance to all that is mass produced and mass market."
AND she has some amazing metal clay jewellery creations of her own that she will showing off along the way, go check out her blog and say hi!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx