Tuesday 9 November 2010

Twenty Question Tuesday



In your eyes, what’s Paradise?
At present sitting in front of a roaring fire in our wood burner and a glass of red.

Prized Possession
My DSLR!

Favourite medium to work with and why?
I love glass, from the beautiful colours found in vintage jewels to modern glass beads in a myriad of colours. I love to emphasise the beauty of colours by keeping to a limited palette in each piece- allowing the individual shades to steal the show!

Flowers or Chocolate?
Flowers always

Who influenced you the most?
My husband - he encourages me, is my best critic, totally honest and 100% behind our work on Chain of Daisies plus he’s absolutely amazing at web design and has created a brand new site for us. He’s ace.

Who would you most like to go to Dinner with?
My husband! Things with the business have been so busy have barely had time to draw breath!

Top Cat or Banana Splits?
Top Cat!

Today I wore:
Writing this at the weekend it’s a teal waterfall cardigan and a black top and trousers. And warm boots- cold feet!

Do you have a favourite online {bead, craft or textile} place to shop and would recommend
When I’m buying fabric I love fabric rehab! Fab fabric sourced from major designers around the world.

What inspired you to do what you do?
I can’t imagine not doing something artistic- I’ve made, created, painted, designed and loved anything and everything creative since, as my grandfather used to say, I was knee high to a grasshopper.

McDreamy or McSteamy?
McDreamy!

If you could do anything else, what would it be?
I truly love what I do, it’s absolutely fair to say that I have never worked so hard or so many hours but I love Chain of Daisies, I love what we make and I love the direction the company is going in.

Favourite item of clothing
Shooooes. I love my heels!

Best childhood memory
Making campsites in the garden with my brother- ah the fun from a pile of sticks and some twine! And creating/ making anything! Including jewellery.

Most cringe-worthy moment
Probably falling over, on multiple occasions, high heels and a lack of coordination do not mix!

Favourite holiday destination
Our honeymoon in Positano on the Amalfi Coast was amazing.

Which celebrity would you have as your best friend and why
Stephen Fry, because he’s wickedly erudite and a thoroughly good chap.

Best “crafty” tip you can offer
Keep a notebook to hand to record inspiration, “to do” lists and also names for pieces!

What’s your Star sign?
I’m a Taurean.

What would you most like to see happen next?
From a business perspective I’d love to obviously see the business continue to grow from strength to strength, we’re building a fabulous number of wonderful stockists across the UK and Europe and I’d love to continue to develop this. We’re launching an “opulence” range of sterling silver/ precious metal pieces this month which I’m utterly excited about too! Basically a bright future for Chain of Daisies.

Certainly seems like a bright future is ahead of you!! ;o)

My thanks to the gorgeous Chain of Daisies for her participation this week....go check out her blog where you'll find some beautiful vintage looking creations.

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE receiving comments, they make me smile....so, don't be shy ;o) xx